PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ROTORHEADS AROUND THE WORLD: Videos
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2006, 15:27
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree.
We have scores of videos in various threads, and it would be good to have them (or a copy) in one place. I thought about merging the video files into one but that wouldn't work because many of the videos generated good discussions which would mean little or nothing in a merged thread.

I've discussed a similar idea with one of our regulars who has a website and is willing to help but, at the moment, he's too busy.

One of the problems we encounter with the picture collections is that we lose pictures if the person who posted breaks the link by moving picture files on their website, closes their website or stops using the photohosting service that they used to post the picture(s).

It's been a long process but I now have backups of the majority of our thousands of pictures, and have set up a photo-hosting account to rehost them if the link is broken.

(1) Do we have any volunteers prepared to help build up a collection from videos already posted on the forum?
ie Look through old threads for video links, copy the links and post them into a 'Videos from Around the World' thread.
MD900 Explorer - Would you like to start the ball rolling by being one of the first to volunteer?

(2) Do we have any volunteers with their own websites who would be prepared to help by hosting some videos?
ie Save copies of videos and host them if necessary on their own websites? (The links would have to be direct to the videos, not to a page of the website with a second link to the video.)
Some of the links no longer work and I'd like to avoid losing any more.
For a linked purpose -

(3) Do we have any IT experts who can save Flash Player videos as a file?
I don't mean tell me which programmes will do it (there are several downloadable from the net), I mean willing to help by creating files.

NB: Please don't post links to websites with helicopter videos on this thread.
The idea is to create our own collection of videos - just as we have with our picture collections.

Heliport