PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helderberg: The Mystery Solved?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2001, 17:45
Vonkprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was in the SADF in the '70's and had occasion to READ a TOP SECRET letter from the Atomic Energy Commission to the head of the SADF which detailed a series of (successful) tests at many of the SADF's ranges.

Many nuclear experts will attest to the major hurdle in a viable device being the timers. SEVERAL of these timers were successfully tested by the AEC and the culmination was a successful "mini" nuclear device being detonated in the S Atlantic.

I am not sucking this out of my thumb.

Furthermore, the SADF had great pleasure in giving a gift of a small plowshare which had been fabricated from the case of a nuclear device, a rather clever idea borrowed from the book of Isaiah. In the bible, Isaiah predicted, “They will beat their swords into plowshares..."

I have one. No, you will not find it on Ebay.

A little know FACT is that South Africa is the only country to have successfully develloped, tested and deployed nuclear weapons and then unilaterally disarmed.

As for SAA being a carrier of these devices, components or other nuclear related material, I think not. All of the nuclear related activities were conducted in the utmost secrecy, with very few people being party to the process.

What was on board? Rocket fuel.

The ZUR clerk V.N. was promoted (at a meteoric rate) as a result of his complicity in the cover-up, but has subsequently fallen from grace and works in the travel industry in SA.

Many of my friends and colleagues are at the bottom of the ocean, 65 miles from Plaisance. For what?

Hope you sleep well, Vernon.