PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 18:59
luxfreight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allowances

To IOLAR60

well mate,as a starter we get paid $4/hour in per diems changing to €4/hour in October by the wisedom of our blessed kniting club (pilot's association).

We get extra for flying at night,Sundays and public holidays which does bring your monthly salary (all-in) up into the region of €6000-€6500 from your third year onwards. Before I'm shouted at, I have included the per diems in this amount.

On a sad note, my enthusiasm for the company has been seriously dented by the negotiations to reach a settlement on a new collective work agreement.We have been sold out by our unions, which where intimidated and corrupted by the management. Considering that three brave souls have lost their jobs it's a very sad thing.

If you are seriously looking at joining CV and you have a family, ask yourself how long you are prepared to stay away from home. In my last two rosters I've had pairings of 16 and 15 days and I have a 11 day pairing on my present roster.Don't get me wrong I'm not moaning about this, but my family are - and suffering. I feel that we are being punished for the tone that our negotiators took whilst looking for a settlement to our CWA. I take back what I said to my colleage in my previous ramblings, the money can be fantastic (for what we love to do ie.fly jumbos to great places all over the world) but life- I'm finding out- is not all about that.

LF

Last edited by luxfreight; 22nd Jul 2006 at 03:21.