PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 02:06
BaronChotzinoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the back of a BA flight recently I was sitting opposite a smart, clever-looking young man like Bamber Gascoigne. As passengers were loading, he suddenly became very agitated and started rummaging furiously through his wallet and suit pockets. "Oh, that bl00dy woman, what's she done with it, where is it, OMG, it's not here!" he was saying, over and over. The CC standing by asked him what was the matter. "The return part of my ticket! How am I ever going to be able to fly back now? That stupid woman at the desk didn't give it me back!"

"But this is a ticketless airline, Sir," replied the CC. "You turn up at the desk on time and hand your passport up." Eventually she managed to convince him that he'd only lost the internet printout and he calmed down.

But then it started again, muttering "That stupid woman, what did she do with it ..." and I thought it was really getting out of order, but the CC just ignored it. I think the other pax that were closing in by then calmed him down, or at any rate I was no longer party to his imagined persecutions from the mischievous stilettoed damsels of the check-in counter.