PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2006, 20:11
johno617tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cabin crew must have the patience of saints!!!!! i don't know how you do it!
i used to work on the ramp at MAN (T2).. when the plane was loaded the push back team would then go and get the pushchairs etc. the best game then was 'count the new trainers' sounds daft but certainly passes the time well....
BUT... the funniest thing i ever heard was from groundstaff who were beginning to board a delayed aircraft. we arrived upstairs and obviously attracted attention, there was then one or two people moving gingerly to said groundstaff to see when aircraft was leaving (don't know if they thought we were flight deck or not, but reading some of the posts maybe!)
the couple of people ended up as a large group (again, people must of thought that it was top secret and the aircraft would go without them!)
the girl was in the process of typing something into the computer on the gate which really got the mood flowing.... THEN............
one surly looking bloke, who had obviously watched EVERY episode of airline/airport thought he would be clever and ask the 'in the know' question...
" will this delay affect our airspace?"... now i believe he meant to ask " will this delay affect our slot time?"...but no he persisted with the now VERY busy girl and asked the same question again....
" WILL THIS AFFECT OUR AIRSPACE? " now at this point the rest of the passengers looked like they were ready with their own 'dumb a$$' questions until the girl looked up, spun round to the terminal windows ( very large glass ones ) and replied back in a very manner of fact way.....
" NO! THERE IS PLENTY OF IT OUT THERE TO GO AROUND!!!!"
within seconds everyone sat back down and there was peace and quiet until the plane boarded and off they went on their hols........
PRICELESS!! YOU ALL HAVE MY GREATEST RESPECT......
regards
J6T