PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight training in UAE
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 11:53
jai6638

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The link is: http://www.emiratesaviationservices.com/

I used to live in dxb but not anymore... With regards to Emirates aviation services, they have roughly 5-6 warrios, 3-4 archers. The planes are in great condition and a few archers had been ordered brand new when I visited them last in March... The instructor I went with was a great guy and knew what he was talking abot. He had gotten all his ratings from Toronto. The flight school has high standards so overall, I'd say its pretty good.

They currently follow the FAA ( Jeppesen syllabus ) but the guy there told me that they will be switching to the syllabus used in the UK ( JAA if i'm not wrong.. ) this summer.

I don't remember the exact hourly cost but what I do remember is it was the same as what I am charged here in the US ( which I reckon is equivalent to around Dhs 620/hr ).

The "UAE National Cadets" train at the Dubai Aviation college I think but I am not sure...

A negative in my opinoin is the wasted hobbs time due to the busy dxb international airport airspace. When I went on both my flights, we had to hold for 10 min in the air because of incoming airliners. So I imagine that could be a waste of money but not a big deal...Also, even though good experience, I'd imagine that the busy airspace would irritate me after sometime since everything the 4 landings and takeoffs that I did on the trial flight were all expedited...

In conclusion:

Pros:
1) Great instructor
2) Pricing structre is alright.
3) Good planes ( relatively new )

Cons:

1) Busy airspace leads to waste of time and money

Last edited by jai6638; 29th Jun 2006 at 12:03.