PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 23:59
rotated
Just call me Rotty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rotty family is OFTEN slf between Japan and the USA--3 more flights and we get our own personal 744!!!
Well not quite. But I have been witness to innumerable incidents such as the ones mentioned, with various happy, tense, or angry outcomes. Sometimes the pax is just a complete wa er, true. However, before CC decides to write someone off, so to speak, please remember that you are AT HOME on the aircraft, doing your job; it is a day at the office for you with very few uncertainties.
It may not be so for your pax. Jet-lagged out, unfamiliar perhaps with the aircraft, destination, or what awaits them there. Simply put, their state of mind may be VASTLY different from yours.
Case in point, I was once sat next to a fellow who seemed nearly catatonic, having trouble acknowledging the CC request to re-stow some carry-on. The gal with the stockings was quite harsh on him, at one point mentioning having him tossed off the plane. I intervened a bit, helped get the guy's bag stowed, etc.
Some time later, after takeoff, he responded to a little gentle attention and opened up a bit. Turns out he was flying home to bury his wife and daughter who had been killed in an automobile accident in his absence.
We have a responsibility for kindness, try it and see how far the ripples carry...