PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2001, 00:05
Nick Lappos

Unhappy

Lu,

I started to address each of your points in turn, and finally gave up, as it would yet again let you set the agenda on these long, pontific posts that you spin.

I find your point of view insulting and inflammatory, and at odds with my intimate knowledge of the Westland and Agusta folks who work in my profession. That anyone would assert that such folks as Jerry Tracy (Westland Test Pilot) or Rafael Longibardi (Agusta Chief Test Pilot who perished in the rotor brake fire accident) would participate in some kind of white wash is offensive and does not serve this forum at all. When you state that these accidents would not have happened if they had only followed your instructions is absurd. While your posts seem erudite to the less experienced members of this forum, you don't fool me a bit!

For all those who look to this forum for straight from the shoulder knowledge to make them better at their craft, let me catagorically state that the manufacturers of the machines we fly are populated with people of high integrity and expertise. Even though I consider the EH-101 to be a prime competitor of the aircraft we make, I have very high regard for the technical integrity and capabilities of the people who make it.

From your egotistical attitude and willingness to slur those others who might disagree with you, I fully understand why you are only a temporary consultant, and even as such why they let you go.

Your previous posts which held that the US Army and Marines lied about the capabilities of their aircraft come to mind, too. For the rest of the readers of this forum, please try to separate Lu's technical opinions from the polemics that slip into his posts.