PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar/Squirrel
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2002, 21:12
407 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this thread is getting WAY off topic, but I'll respond one last time. Thanks CTD for those kind works.

Widgeon, I'd GLADLY compare my 407 to a B3 anyday, as you know, the B3 is a fantastic aircraft, but Eurocopter failed to raise the Internal Gross weight above B2 levels, (last time that I checked anyway) so all that power, but still only 4960 Internal? Given it's probable heavier EW than a B2, one would be worse off...unless you dare to depart over the Internal Gross wt?? You wouldn't do that would you??
Slinging, well, the B3 is great, no doubt about that!

We feel that our 407's are operated for less $$ than our B2's were, plus with some innovative purchase methods, (build them) we have aquired them cheaper than a 350. We had B2's parked in the summer for 5 weeks waiting for parts...figure that cost into your equations and the Bell products suddenly look more attractive.

I don't take safety lightly, and feel good about strapping into one every day. We have excellent maintenance personnel, who have developed some great ideas on dealing with T/R shafting balance issues, some of which have been incorporated into Bell's maintenance proceedures.

As CTD said, this is turning into a Ford-Chevvy debate. I initailly took up the issue re: the comment that Bell has nothing to compare....