PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contingency fuel...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2006, 08:07
Schmoogle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contingency fuel.........

The fuel burn is estimated by the Jepp calculation with the given A/C limitations, met conditions, sector time/distance, alternate info, and payload requirements. When the Capt instructs the LM to increase the burn by the weight of the conting fuel, he is only doing it so he doesnt have to sign a loadsheet which shows an overweight landing. I take your point about ways of actually physically increasing the burn en route to bring the A/C to within limits for landing, but I can assure you that this never happens and there are no intentions to do so. So the A/C lands overweight at destination. This always happens when we request max payload to arrive at MLW. Also, you have touched on re clear planning, again that option in this situation is never considered. The only time a re clear is considered is when we try to run a payload request on the Jepp system and it wont allow the requested payload because of sector length. Frt is never offloaded as long as the Jepp plan shows the A/C operting within limits, but of course this comes back to my original argument that the Jepp system assumes that we burn the conting fuel when we actually dont. Finally, reports are never ever submitted concerning an overweight landing.