PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thought this might interest some of you
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 19:04
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Mel for the info, I rather gathered that my old Dad was a little like a Gypsey, for I have locations on hundreds of photos that stretch from Libya to Alexandria, Port Said, Northern Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Sardinia, and finally Italy, but also could not understand why one Sqdn finished and seemed to disappear, I must admit to being a novice at searching and probably am doing all the wrong things, but seem to come up with nought most times, so a big thank you for that info on 148Sqdn, somewhere in all these terribly small prints (some not much bigger than a postage stamp) I have seen the 148 Crest , I will post it as I have found it.

Gainsey thank you also, I was very unsure whether anyone would be interested in what after all are the views of just one Raf man looking through his old Kodak, I can remeber seeing the camera that Dad used it sort of unfolded and a sort of bellows affair came out then the lens was on the end of the bellows, Dad seemed to be a prolific photographer of what sometimes seem to be mundane subjects, they played a lot of cricket and football, and seemed always to be grouping for a picture to be taken, seems bizare to be playing cricket in the Western Desert when at anytime you could be under attack from the enemy.

a view of the team with my father in it, I really didnt think Beaus were as big as they seem in this picture!

"King Farouks Yacht" under arrest in some Egyptian harbour near to Alexandria

Many regards

Vfr