PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thought this might interest some of you
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 16:09
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps,

Thank you for that translation, My father seemed to have quite a few Sqdns that he flew with as far as I can see he was with 148, 213 or 4 another I have yet to discover the number but seemed to have spent most of his time with 272 Sqdn whilst there he flew in Beaufighters, I, like many of you Ppruners had a great respect for my father, but found he was not good at telling his sons tales of dering do, in fact he was backward at comming forward with any Wartime information, I have been going through his papers for the last three years since he died, and find every folder shows something different, he alwys had a camera with him and I have spent many hours looking at many pictures that sometimes mean nothing, but others dont need any narrative to bring the action to life, I have found many pictures today that show scene's of the aftermath of an attack on their Aerodrome as he calls it, by a enemy aircraft that has set fire to a couple of Wellington bombers, then the aftermath with the Wimpeys all burnt out and then many pictures of what must be his flight in action over the Med, If people are interested I will pick a few and post them when I find some that are good enough, I will try to post a picture of some sort of Xmas greeting that shows the Sqdn crest of 272, it clearly shows that their moral was pretty good at that time. Thank you for your interest.

PeteR-B
Vfr