PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2006, 12:46
on the run

Originally Posted by burgerking
@ on the run: are you sure that you are employed as a pilot with CV? ;-)
I wish I could say the same after about 7 years with CV. What I am seeing lately is a lot of back to back trips, meaning a long trip with often minimum rest at destinations then one! day off before you go on another letīs say 9 day trip. No regards for time zone changes health etc. That is a lot of stress and a burden on your social life as well. Even living in LUX doesnīt help with rosters like that. Granted, it was better until about 2 years ago before some changes were made to the management structures in the relevant dept.
btw.
Productivity (block hours in our job) has not changed much - just less days at home to satisfy some office folks dislike of pilots.
If it was so great why would far more than 90% have approved the zero tolerance action in effect right now?
Burgerking,
Again I would like to say 'I have all respect for what the older guys say about working conditions etc. They should know. They have been around longer.'
And I know via frieds how the roster was more than two years ago. It's difficult times for the company, a lot of things have to be sorted out. Yes, 90% speaks for itself.
But what I am also saying, which was my point, is that one has to remember where you come from. For me this job is so much better from my previous. But that is very individual. For me that's a fact, for others not.