PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28-161 POH Revision
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 12:45
smarthawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA28-161 POH Revision

Any Warrior operators out there may not be aware that there was a revision to the POH issued in March 2005 (revision number depends on which POH number it is).

Unfortunately the only way you can find out about this is when the Flight Manual Status report comes round at CofA renewal time. This is because the UK Piper dealers do not have an amendment subscription service for flight manuals and the CAA Flight Manual department don't tell anyone (unlike when an emergency AD is issued).

The CAA can't tell me what the revision is concerned with (it may be to correct a typo, it may be don't fly too close to the sun) and can't fax a copy of it to me.

We have been waiting for our revisions since mid November - apparently the guy who deals with it at Piper is running 3 months behind schedule. You can't email Piper direct as all emasils have to go through the dealer.

By the letter of the law any flight manual not to the latest revision means the aircraft flies illegally which means by my reckoning most of the Warriors in the country! Funny old world isn't it....