PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C206 tips/techniques
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2002, 20:47
VneII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Southposs. .All the above is some very good advice and a/c considerations. Make sure you are demonstrated the correct procedure for leaning the mixture in climb and cruise - it is very important to ensure that you make it to that far away place over the desert when planned on min fuel - and also good engine management. Also be very pedantict with engine cooling in the descent and approach. If you do not allow enough time to cool the big six - at least an inch of MAP per minute or 1000', preferably more - or you get high and fast on base or final and pull the power, you can easily shock cool and crack cylinder heads. This will make you very unpopular very quickly. . .Fly the 206 & 210 by the book until you have a good feel for them and talk to the other pilots about individual a/c idiosyncrasies. This will keep you out of trouble until you have a few hours on type.. .. .Guanty . .G'day! Could you please explain why you recommend not to hold the 210 on the ground?. .. ."Why not leave it on the ground any longer than the book says for that acceleration.? . .I'll leave you to tell me why you think that might be so, but a clue is that this little lady starts to teach you about how the big kids aircraft want to play.. .They are lesson that will carry you through to the big kids playground.". .. .I'm not too sure what you're getting at here but I hope that is a result of sleep deprivation on my behalf. A few more details would be greatly appreciated.. .. .VneII