PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C206 tips/techniques
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2002, 08:40
J0N0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is possible to open the rear door of a 206 with the flaps down, open the front part as far as possible (about 2 inches) then open the rear door and restow the rear door handle then open the rear door. Sounds confusing but it works and its probably a good idea to tell your pax how to do it also. . .The 210 is a great aeroplane just watch the descent until you get the hang of it cause they are a bit slippery!! Also on a hot day they will use a fair bit (more than a 206) of strip to get off the deck and get climbing.. .The 207 is a breed if its own. Prone to sitting on the tail as previously mentioned, always load this baby front to back and when loading your last passenger in the back put a hand or shoulder under the door frame as they get in to make sure it doesn't hit the ground. Also in windy conditions on landing be careful about selecting that last stage of flap too early because you don't have an abundance of excess power like the 206/210 to get yourself out of a low slow situation. I made a point of never going below 80kts before I was over the fence (inless its really short) speed washes off real fast and its better to add heaps of power early in a possible undershoot than leave it till later. I also aggree with a rear COG MTOW load check for this plane.