PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag Flying - PT6 Operation
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 05:54
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets bring this back into context. We are talking about using Beta on short final, not reverse, or Beta at any other stage of flight.
You are talking about using ground range, be it beta or reverse...a point outside the governing range of the prop with the low pitch stops retracted.

If there was a high risk of this occurring I’m sure certification with a Beta/reverse range would not have occurred.
Where do you find authorization in the certification of your airplane to operate in the ground range in flight? Your aricraft was certificated with this in mind? I've asked you repeatedly...what does your airframe manufacturer, engine manufacturer, and prop manufacturer have to say about ground range operation in flight?

You land with slight Beta in flight idle,
Asked of you again and again, but not answered...where do you find this authorization in youir approved aircraft flight manual, type certification, supplemental type certification, or field approved operating limitation modification?

I noted previously several posters contended with me regarding operating in ground idle, saying that certainly the pilot would be found at fault for operating in ground idle. Of course, there is no such restriction. Yet there certainly are restrictions in virtually all aircraft with reversing capability of operating in the beta or reverse in flight.

What do you say?