PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2005, 12:18
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i gotta agree, madmandan really sounds like he's fallen for the marketing stuff hook line and sinker lol.

Firstly OAT do NOT guarantee you a job at all. I do agree that I think they're a very professional school who are well respected and provide good training.

CTC is also a good company too, they are very well respected and also provide excellent training. I think its important to realise that the two companies provide different services. CTC are providing cadets to the airlines, in that there customers are the airlines, not the cadets. OAT is purely a training provider and as such OAT is providing the training TO the cadets ready for them to find their own jobs (with some help from oat of course, but thats all it is, HELP.)

In terms of financial benifit I don't think there is much difference between the two courses. both cost around £60k ish. The difference is that with OAT is that if you get a job you would enter on a full FO pay, which is substantially bigger then the cadet pay that CTC cadets will get frm their airlines, altho to balance it the CTC then get the airlines to pay for their trainig, so it all is about even, except for the fact that the CTC cadets will be bonded to their airline for 7 years.

I don't think there is much difference between the schools to be honest. In one way CTC is better since it is the closest thing you can get to having a guaranteed job, however OAT will also give you an excellent chance, especially with the industry improving as it is at the moment. I tried for CTC and failed at stage 4 unfortuantly, I am now planning on going to OAT. I not that bothered that I failed CTC and I am just as happy to be going to OAT, altho I would be just as happy if I were going to CTC. Just remember its a means to an end, if you try hard enough then whatever way you choose to get your licence then you will get there in the end.

Good luck to all wannabees!!!