PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My MAS Cadet Pilot application experience.
Old 6th Jun 2005, 12:48
Deodorant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A baby? Me? Mmm, name-calling and personal attacks does seem to be a fairly popular debate strategy on internet message boards.

But I digress. Anyway personally I wasn't complaining about the HR staff per se, it was just part of the overall experience so far. Apparently the wording came across as a huge complaint to at least one person, so that's something for me to keep mind of in future.

I find it extremely amusing that you're implying I'm some 18 year old momma's boy still wet behind the ears trying to find his first job, when everything you know about me comes from two posts on a message board.

In a similar vein I feel no pressing need to explain myself to a total stranger, so I won't.

In any case, I've attended lots of interviews over the years, for part time jobs, internships, real jobs, both big and small, with companies with less than 10 employees, all the way to huge multinationals that employ hundreds of thousands. In my current employment I've also conducted or witnessed hundreds of interviews for all sorts of posts. None of the HR staff (incidentally, I'm in HR too atm in case you missed my previous post) owed any of the job applicants anything, and yet (mostly) all of them treated me with more respect than what I got from the MAS HR staff.

The fact is, practically every company nowadays will accomodate reasonable requests during the recruitment stage, because they're actually interested in selecting the best possible from the pool of applicants.

Mmmm. Got interrupted by something and I lost my train of thought, so i'll just leave it hanging there. Gotta go anyway <3