PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My MAS Cadet Pilot application experience.
Old 4th Jun 2005, 05:33
Deodorant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr My MAS Cadet Pilot application experience.

I'm halfway (somewhat) through the application process for MAS cadet pilot.

I applied via mail in mid March.

I received a letter in mid May calling me to come in for the Psychometry test. The letter arrived in my mailbox on a friday; I was scheduled to take the test on a tuesday. There was no phone number to call to reschedule, so I had to take "personal emergency" leave to attend the test.

Nowadays the test results are given immediately (well, about 20 minutes after the test). Passed, was told to attend the aptitude/written test (MIPSA) about 2 weeks later. Being currently employed, I asked if it was possible to reschedule in case I couldn't get leave, and was told that "either attend on this day, or forget about being a cadet pilot."

Anyway, I thought the aptitude part of MISPA was pretty easy. The psychology part is what worries me, I suppose.

So anyway here I am waiting with my fingers crossed over the next 2-3 weeks (?) to know if I get called in for an interview. I asked if I would be informed if I failed this step. Answer: "No." I then asked if I could be informed (assuming success) by phone instead of mail. Answer: "Maybe."

So far I've been somewhat annoyed by the recruiting staff' total lack of concern with the prospective candidates. When talking to them I get the impression that they couldn't care less about us, since (presumably) they get tons of applications.

Will update this if/when any other new developments occur. In the meantime, would love any tips for the interview with regards to what kinds of questions would be asked.

<3