PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epaulettes......rank !
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 02:08
Gwan B Yirheid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Gwan B Yirheid CPL/MEIR

Me – Good morning I’m your pilot today

Punter – Do you want to be a commercial pilot some day

Me - I am a commercial Pilot

Punter – Are you?

Me – Look I have a licence to prove it (show punter NZ Commercial Pilot Licence)

Punter – Phah hah hah haa…. You’re funny, did you make that at home on your computer and get it laminated yourself!!!

Me – This little piece of plastic cost me $60,000

Punter – Is that right… but it doesn’t matter because pilots get paid lots of money anyway.

Me - (big sigh!!!)

Punter – So do you want to be a proper commercial pilot and fly for an airline?

Me – I’ll just pop you into the back seat of the C207… it’s the best seat in the plane…. Oh and here’s some extra air sick bags just in case you need them!!

Solicitors have nice offices to show their status, doctors have a stethoscope and a flash car to show their status, architects have flash houses to show their status.

I’ve got a crap piece of plastic, a scabby over night bag with 2minute noodles in it, a car that was built the same year I was born, and…. I’ve got three gold bars on each shoulder. A lot of blood, sweat, tears, stress, money and f*@ked up relationships have gone in to getting me where I am today and the gold bars are the only things that give “Me” any indication I’ve made it. I really don’t care what anybody else thinks. I think I’ve made it because I’m being paid to fly with gold stripes. Yeeehaaaa!!!

Small Things!!!

GBY

PS - Is your red wings similar to the "Dolmio Grin"

Last edited by Gwan B Yirheid; 14th May 2005 at 02:19.