PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ‘Happy Hour’ Innovation – Fares from $1
Old 18th Jan 2005, 23:06
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Kap M but at the same time the perception amongst those that control the share price is that VB isnt maybe such a hot bet.
There's perception and then there is reality.
The perception part is described above, but the reality is that VB is failing to live up to its own expectations and is been punished as a result.

Yes, they have done amazingly well especially since their main opposition folded and was handed to them on a platter!
How could you not massively benefit?

As I've said before anyone can ride the gravy train Kap M but when real competition is presented a real GM's true colours and abilities are displayed for one and all to see.

The fact is that they now have real competition in JetStar and its here to stay.
At the same time VB's performance (especially load factor) has waned significantly as a result and they admit that their profit forecasts are down significantly and not expected to improve for some time.

It's obvious that Godfrey isn't the wonderchild that Branson and the media make him out to be.

Kaptin M - the question you have to ask yourself is, "Would I be satisfied that a share I've purchased for $2.25 is now 25% down on its initial float price and has just taken a whopping 16-17% knock on the head (and in a record growth market I might add) with the 12 monthly profit figures looking shaky also?"

Scratching the surface I dont think they've done amazingly well at all, especially seeing that competition doesnt bode at all well with the incumbent management.

Last edited by TIMMEEEE; 18th Jan 2005 at 23:17.