PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lion Air Crash at least 23 Killed
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2004, 21:19
TAY 611

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa there Compressor Stall getting a bit paranoid there..I worked in Indonesia for a while and was made quite welcome and didn't detect any sort of racism towards myself apart from recognition that I was a foriegner. However I am a Kiwi, not an Aussie and we tend to be a little better recieved in Indonesia. Possibly because we are less heard of politicly or perhaps just a little more polite and less demanding. I recieved more jabs and remarks about my origin when working in Australia than I ever did with Indonesians who never once called me a sheep shagger. I guess when you are a foreigner in another country you just need to accept that you are just that, a foriegner and I am sure that if, say an Indonesian, were to be crewing an Aussie aircraft that had hit the headlines as a result of an accident there would also be mention of the pilots nationality.
Lion was just starting up when I was there and was in rapid expansion mode and appeared to have a bright future if they did things properly.