PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo working conditions?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 18:28
p-thrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Beech 1900 guys flying A-310's or 757's real soon. Over an Ocean no less. Scary!"

Must be a few new guys to life as a pilot in Canada on this forum. Its easy not to know how other airlines were when they started when some of these posters obviously weren't around when the did, or forgot how it was. I remember when Westjet started, I was an FO on the B727 for greyhound when I saw the old clapped out B737-200 Westjet called an airplane (looked older then the piece we were on).

Then as they progressed with rapide expansion they hired alot of turboprop guys, I know quite a few personally that found their way into the left seat of these questionable aircraft, as Westjet loses their OC do to Maintanence issues for 3 weeks in the summer of 96. We too said that we would never put our family on that airline.

Sure Jetsgo has hired a few 1900 drivers and have since upgraded them to captain, name one airline who hasn't. Westjet, skyservice, air transat, flightcraft, they all have at one point or another. Right now at Jetsgo the core guys and stil the majority is ex-royal 310, b757, b737, being joined with guys from Air canada, Jazz, Air Transat, Cathay Pacific, RCAF, ACE, Kelowna Flightcraft, and a few others.

Overseas, transatlantic, sure not a problem been there done that, easiest flying ever.