PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel B767 and bmibaby B737 collision at Manchester
Old 4th Nov 2004, 17:57
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts
Incoming rant !
First point please. I do not wish to detract from the Aviation related aspects of this incident and my post has nothing to do with whatever has transpired. The facts will be ascertained in due course.

Second point. Sensationalist journo's Watched Granada Reports and the presenter spouting that "two aircraft have crashed at Manchester Airport" followed by equally vacuous reporter saying that one was an Excel and one a BMI baby--two hitherto unknown types then ??--and that they had not actually crashed--such an emotive word--has much more impact ( no pun intended ) than collide after all--and, both here and in subsequent reports and you could palpably feel the frustration in their voices--there were NO casualties---oh, and one report that no disruption to other services etc or that the Airport was closed.

I really get off when these self important and well paid "reporters" feel that whenever Aviation is involved they have to be as dramatic as possible to present the report.

Journo found with active brain. Journo found with factual report. Journo manages to link both together. It'll never happen !.