PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are your chances of getting a job?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2004, 13:50
skyman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what I have done, I worked my ass for years to get my hours. FI, skydiver's pilots, ....
and noone is interested by my CV. after months of research I have been unable to get an interview.

I have contacted my friends, who have all between 1000-2500h of flight time . Some are ex- cargo pilot, ex-flight instructors, they do not find any job. I have friends who actually fly for airlines(2% of my friends have found a job after 10 years), they can not get a job for me, and are deeply sorry about my position, and they are worried to loose their own job.

what is the point to spend so much money in this JAR training, when there is no job.if you have around 250h, good luck!your chance are very slim, close of 0.1% to get a job as a pilot.

look at own many students want become an airline pilot and are ready to fork a fortune for a return evaluated at 10% of your income. Aviaition is a ripp off, if you consider to become a professional pilot, I would suggest to do another job!

I am not happy at all about my position and about our futur!
good luck to all of us.

and please, do not believe people telling they got a job with 200h, these people come from schools trying to give you some fake hopes!personaly, I do not know one pilot who got a job with 250hours.
I can easily say:" hey guys, I fly a falcon jet and I have only 300hours"...that is Bullock!