PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Boeing 737 grounded
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 05:27
Matt-YSBK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to lighten the mood a bit. I have a bogged story.

I flew into Maroochy for the first time in a Saratoga that I had only just graduated to from arrows. Got detailed taxi instructions to the GA parking area where the ground controller instructed me to park on the grass right next to the hard stand. I did not want to upset anyone so I made a wide arc and onto the grass I went (Coming from bk our grass is hard with a clay base not black sand) there were red/white cones way away on the other side and the grass looked hard enough. I got about 10 feet and stopped bogged. After about a minute of take off power I decided I was not going anywhere and sheepishly requested a tow from ground. He polity asked the safety officer to come on over. (I am sure they were all laughing at me inside the tower) and by this time there was RPT landing and more people looking. After about 10 minutes the safety officer arrived jumped out of his ute with a large grin on his face and handed me a small 2 foot long shovel He gave a little laugh and said Why didn’t you park on the hard stand got in his car and drove off chuckling.

I had to laugh even though I was embarrassed. I did learn two lessons.
Don’t taxi a Saratoga through sandy grass.
Don’t laugh at someone else unless you are happy for them to be laughing at you one day.