PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Boeing 737 grounded
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 04:39
longjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do LCC's employ inferior pilots?

There are those who would like to think so, why?, because generally LCC's pay less and therefore threaten the conditions of those in the 'established' airlines. At every opportunity they point out deficiencies in their competitors operating standards.

The facts do not support their assertions, LCC's do not have a poorer safety record than any other airlines.

It would appear there are some who need to asses why it is they are 'angry' at LCC's and perhaps direct their energies towards a more productive outcome.

KEG, I regret to inform you that on my first day at QF, our course were told by a management pilot that we were there because we were 'the cream of the crop'. Needless to say both myself and the other 'experienced' pilots were highly embarrassed, however I could not wonder what thoughts were going through the minds of the somewhat greener coursemembers.

I have had stories relayed to me of similar comments being made to other courses.

However, since then I have not heard any similar suggestions from crew or otherwise.