PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Boeing 737 grounded
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 03:13
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR

Whoaaa there Politically correct we are not. K:

If it is somehow unpalatable to say on PPRuNe that somebody has made a mistake, because this is apparently not "positive" enough, little will ever be learned. Debate can be (should be) carried out with both positive and negative inputs. It should always be done with courtesy and restraint, and that is what the real issue has always been with this particular forum. Sad to see political correctness having it's day, but not surprising I suppose. Is it time for the group hug yet?
Thank you for clarifying what I was trying to say.

By all means let's have robust discussion but the tendency has developed for those who disagree either way to personalise the issue with pejorative comment or "this airline is safer than the other, because they aren't us" routines.

I was in fact trying to work out how to introduce a discussion thread on how we might work out an industry system that deals equitably with the consequences of an action based on a line of yours which rang out of the rest of the stuff on this thread, well for me anyway;

Sometimes, the responsibility of being the captain involves simply raising your hand and saying "I screwed up".
I agree, absolutely, but what about the others.

Do you want to have a go? I think it would be a cracker??

Rongotai

Thank you.

Don't you hate it when someone is posting whilst you are composing, or in my case decomposing.

I think that is what we are all trying to get to in our own clumsy way.