PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2004, 01:08
SASless

Received 466 Likes on 190 Posts
Captain Dink Hypen-Smyth.....alive and well? He is probably safely esconced in the Warri School for Unwed Mothers or sharing a warm beer with his police buddies. Is it true that he is the only 20 year Bristow Pilot still making base salary with no increments? I think it admirable of Dink to donate so much back to the company in way of forfeited wages....proves he is a real company man. I shudder to think he actually called me "crazy....and guilty of having more intestinal fortitude than he for one of my jaunts around the countryside". That did make me sit down and re-think my conduct. He has certainly set a record for the most impromptu conga line dance in an urban african setting. The thought of the big BossFellah from Redhill picking him out of the roadside lineup really is something that brings a smile. Wondering how the Chief Pilot felt admitting that the wild haired runty looking expat wearing a pilot's uniform and iron bracelets built for a dozen....was none other than one of his own...must have been a sight. One could say ol' Dink could have climbed to new heights there in Eket....but a former Trellis climber beat him to that!