PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2004, 00:25
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies but the question that i stated was mainly to ask what to expect for the "sim check" part of the assesment day. At no point what so ever did i actually mention that i was a def starter for the course.

The day invloves the already mentioned sim check, physcometric tests, airline type interview with chief pilot and technical exam.

From this you are given full feedback on each part to identify all strengths and weaknesses. Not just a simple suitable/unsuitable per subject heading.

Now for me it will give me an idea wether to persue ambition of a pilot or it may just say, hell no chance. Least that way i'll know rather than forking out 50k+ and never making it past the training.

As for all this dont pay for type rating stuff etc, should that decsion not be left to the individual?? Yeah if they have money to burn, which i dont, go ahead. I'm interested in this scheme because it will maybe make me stand out for the other 200 odd CV's lying on that desk. In all honesty i'd rather do an OAT full time course or learn outside the UK but it is not poss. For almost the same money i can get a type rating and 100hrs actual flying experience with an airline. Now if i were too go to a bank and ask for money they would ask, OAT gives you what? - min flying hrs to gain licence then off you go. Stapleford? - A type rating plus experience. (please note i know there is no offer of a job at the end of the course and i am considering it on the assumtion that there never will be!!!! From Astraeus maybe anyway).

Now, which would you rather go for if the bank manager? The one that is the same from the OAT processing line or the one that has made an effort to have a distinct difference.

Please dont post anymore about to buy or not to buy a type rating.

Now back to my original question about the, what to expect???

Kempus