PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2004, 10:06
Eurochopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was lucky enough to get a flight in the EC225 prototype the other day. I had a big grin for days! Its very impressive and has a number of advantages from the pilot's point of view, over the 92 (which I have also been lucky enough to fly). However the 92 has advantages over the 225 in some areas as well. They are both good aircraft, though no aircraft is perfect. It seems a pity that Nick has to jump in and criticise the EC225 in its moment of glory. No-one did that when he posted certification.

Incidentally Nick, according to my calculations from looking at both flight manuals (as opposed to sales brochures!) the 225 has the longer range, though its true that the disposable payload is slightly less on the 225 - still enough to take 19 passengers and full fuel though.

In my opinion, 225 is faster and smoother and nicer to fly, whilst the 92 has a bigger baggage bay and slightly more cabin room (lots more cabin height, though you can't make use of that when seated) but rather small windows. So I guess it boils down to whether you are a pilot or a passenger! I know which one I would rather fly!