PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155
Thread: EC155
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 20:14
212man

Received 330 Likes on 183 Posts
Sandy,
apologies if offence given by my comment; slightly flippant I admit. I agree entirely with your remarks, many of which sound very familiar!

Davidi,
there are two in the UK now, though not on the G reg, a B and a B1. I have some involvement so if you seriously wanted to talk about them I could probably put you in touch with relevant people ( I have flown their B but not 'on the job' so can't comment too much on it's day to day use). E-mail or PM if you like.

I'm reluctant to say too much about our aircraft as a. they are not our aircaft but a client, and b. it is innappropriate for me to do so.

Suffice to say it is a fantastic aircraft in many ways but with a surprising number of reliabilty problems, many associated with what should be proven 365 componants. The new electronic stuff is pretty reliable. Any engine that runs at up to 845 C in the cruise must be in line for problems too, I'd suggest. By definition, it won't have much in reserve for when one stops, either.

The B1 addresses many of the problems unearthed by various operators, many of whom could be mistaken for thinking they have been used as intensive flying trials units. It also has the expanded envelope and increased performance (drops Cat A weight at 28 C rather then 19.5).

I think the one 'proposed' (not officially) with the Ardiden (developed from the TM-333) is on the back burner, but the success or otherwise of the AB-139 will determine the future plans. Pity it didn't have the 333 from the word go.

A delight to fly, though, as any one who flies it will testify.

Last edited by 212man; 2nd Jul 2004 at 14:59.