PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA versus Virgin premium economy
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2004, 13:42
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
If you read the other current thread in this forum, PPRuNe then this will give you more info.

If you feel like treating yourself and having more than Economy but cannot afford full club/biz then the Premium Economy and World Traveller Plus are excellent.

I have used the VS 'PE' many times and am a big fan, but as I am a big fan of VS, I would say that wouldn't I? I have not used WT+ but understand it's about the same.

In PE, the seats are wider than in standard economy and you do get dedicated check in. Look at Virgin Atlantic and select 'Flying With Us' and then 'Premium Economy'. I'm not sure if BA have the same but their web site is one of the best going.

If you have a few other pennies to spare, then see if your departure airport has a pay-as-you-go lounge. These are often operated by ServisAir or similar. Check the web site of the airport, or their information desk, as this will be a pleasant start. Lastly, with VS, don't forget that you can order your duty free before you leave home. They need 24 hours notice and you can book and pay for outbound and return. Then the goodies are delivered to your seat!