PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - strangest freight
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2004, 13:38
Flap Sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
742F to DXB carrying aprox 70 dairycows - and I fell in love!! She was dark haired and had beautiful brown eyes. I am talking about the veterinarian of course. Never saw her again.

When I first started dispatching, just after arrival the load team leader called me on rt and said "you better get down here, take a look at the holds - there is a box with HUM with a hole in it. Its all over the bloody hold".
I had no specific interest in taking a look at a leeking HUM, so naturally i inquired for more info over the radio: "what, how much, how bad, babble, babble, yadda, yadda".
The loader now answered "yeah, and they are moving!". Now young Flap was wondering - moving?!?

This radio conversation was in danish, where "hummer" (hum plural) means "lobster", however, young Flap didnt realise until after a few minutes. A box full of lobsters was cracked open and as soon as the lobsters were free of the protecting ice, they started crawling around the hold. One of the loaders took off the rubberband on the lobsters claw, resulting in a blue and sore thumb. They really can use those claws.
Gave me a bit of a scare.

/FS

Last edited by Flap Sup; 25th Apr 2004 at 14:13.