PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2004, 06:01
Straight Up Again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The photo on the BBC website looked like a mess, though it was a bit small to pick out any details. I will be interested to read the investigation results when they come out.

I have every confidence that if there is a fleet wide problem, that it can be fixed pretty quickly, but then nobody ever seems to post topics on how well or quick something gets fixed (from any manufacturer), but that's probably just human nature.

I'm glad to see a few drivers here supporting the aircraft, it's nice after seeing/hearing a few second hand comments about how disliked the aircraft is. Any other 101 crew care to comment (especially from the other variants).

My thoughts on the presidential bid can be read on the thread dealing with that topic (lets not turn this thread into a repeat), but I do wonder, out of all the people really pushing for either side and trying to put the opposition down, how many work for the manufacturer. All the people I know who work for one of the companies reckon the opposition is a fine aircraft, but just think theirs is slightly better. Even Nick has posted the traitorous words that the EH-101 is a fine aircraft (or something similar, didn't mean to put words in your mouth Nick). I think the S/H-92 will also be very good and popular, but still support the EH-101 (as an ex Wastelander, and I do have a soft spot for the first helo I ever flew in). I am ignoring the 'unproven' argument, it may end up having problems down the line, no matter how much designing you do, or it may not.

ZH-844 - I had to put the 'Again' on the end of my name, I changed my email address and the system wouldn't let me reregister, so I had to start again. Other than that still doing the SeaHawk thing. I can (and will) apply for citizenship in June. Anything going over your way (PM/email me any interesting news).

Any news on the crew member taken to hospital, hopefully it wasn't too serious and they'll all be up (as in flying) and about quickly.