PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 06:32
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmmmmm - interesting !! I came to this forum to post a similar query. Last weekend I came on with a bit of a head cold after a few days of malaise. Anyway, on the Saturday I was due to go paradropping and my codl wasn't too bad but I took some no-droway sudafed, whihc cleared it all up like a treat. However, on desecnt from FL100 at around 3/4k = PAIN. Soon went after landing. Did another drop from 5k, no pain on descent. Lunch, took another sudafed. Hour later did another 10k = Massive pain around 4/5 k, passed control over to pilot next to me who was supervising. I was beside myself, I was shaking ....... managed to get a grip and land - good ldg !! Pain soon went, but hearing all muffled.

Noramlly this type of thing goes overnight, but persisted, went to doc. Got checked out. No infection, but 'all mechanical' accorign to gp ........ give it time it will clear. That was yesterday, but fact is 5 days later still congested. Mithered doc for some prescription for heavy duty decong's but he said nothing relaly availbale, but Sudafed isn't really effective, - hey yeh dont say. Told him this thing sometimes happens when no cold- we talked - he mentioned soemthing that sounded like Mayonaise (remember I was a bit deaf !! ;-)) ..... obvioulsy from reading thread ... was beconaise. Sounds like the hedge maybe onto something with Dixrine .......... off to Boots tomorrow !!

Fact is I'm thinking ........ f*** ........ is this a predisposition aginst my suitability as a professional pilot !?? Admitedly you don't do 2/3 k per min descnets in airlines.

Yours nasaly,
CG