PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 16:23
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is hardly news.

It is also not exclusive to pilots.

Whatever job you do, you will most likely feel undervalued, become bored with the daily routine, not be paid enough, and be made redundant several times during your career. It's probably true that the aviation industry is worse than many, but it's certainly not unique.

You adivce that "If you have a good job/career ...I suggest you try to excel in it and keep your flying private" is definitely worth considering. I've considered it, and I've decided it's not for me. I don't want to spend 40 or more hours a week doing something I hate. I am well paid - sufficiently well paid to realise that money is not everything, and that as long as I have enough to pay the bills I would rather not spend my life doing something I don't enjoy.

"So take the rose coloured spectacles off and take a good in- depth look at the Industry before you commit a penny." Very good advice to anyone. Some will take a good in-depth look and decide they don't like what they see. Others will decide that, for all its flaws, this is the industry they want to work in.

FFF
---------------