PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotax mixture control
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 00:53
ChrisVJ

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks like a lot of engine for a Pegasus. How does the mixture control work 'cos there is no where for it to connect on my curburettors or any of the other 912's I've seen.

I have put 100LL in mine when gassing up at a dock. Runs just fine but I don't do it unless I have too. It's a bit annoying too because my home airfiled has 100LL but I have to cart auto gas in cans.

I can't comment on some people using 100LL full time. Maybe as a manufacturer Katana can make, or have made, mods which are not available to the rest of us.

Since I rely on my engine in mountainous country I follow the recommendations of the manufacturer. I might suggest that a recommendation from the manufacturer that service times be halved if using 100LL full time is a fair indication.

As to whether the mixture control should be manual or auto, is there any evidence that manual or auto is more efficient? Rotax have chosen to go with self compensating, whatever my views about their other attributes, as long as it works, and it does seem to, that is their choice.

Last edited by ChrisVJ; 21st Feb 2004 at 01:09.