PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flat T wave
Thread: Flat T wave
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 02:14
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sensible says.....
< What seems to have happened is that the ECG machines have got a lot more sophisticated in recent times and now flag up automatically if any sort of irregularity is detected. Additionally, ECG traces are sent to the CAA and a Cardiologist examines them. I understand that “T” wave irregularities are often detected and that a flat "T" wave is "normal" in some people although there is no heart defect as such. The last medical I had, the machimne actually printed "Flat "T" wave" on the print out but nothing was said by the CAA when the printout reached them.

Don't panic, all may be well!>

Aviate 1138 replies.....
A few points..... cardiologists do not all agree. Were you in the USA they probably wouldn't even question the situation. The CAA is Paranoid about heart situations. And have you had a Thyroid level check? Does funny things to heart rythyms sometimes if it's on the low side.
Each advance in technology produces people who have justify the expense involved. Will we ever be rid of red tape?
Somehow I doubt it.

Get referred to Prof. Duncan Dymond at Barts. Top man.

Above all don't start checking your pulse etc. Its called White Coat Paranoia. Your blood pressure skyrockets when a BP monitor is applied, drops as you walk out of the surgery!

Good luck

Aviate 1138